Inspire Fellowship for Doctoral Programme in Science and Technology
This is part of the Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC). This scheme is aimed at talented students to pursue doctoral degree.
Subject areas: Basic and applied sciences including engineering, medicine, agriculture, veterinary, pharmacy etc. after either masters’ degree in science or bachelor/ masters’ degree in engineering/ applied sciences.
Tenable at: Inspire Fellowship for Doctoral Programme in Science and Technology are tenable at any recognized university in india.
1. Applicants should be Indian Citizens.
2. Candidates should have acquired the required qualifications necessary for admission to the PhD program only during the last year or current year.
3. INSPIRE Scholars having secured minimum 65% marks in aggregate at M.Sc. or Integrated M.S./ M.Sc.
4. 1st Rank Holder in each Post-Graduate (PG) level examinations in Basic/ Applied Sciences including Engineering Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural sciences and Veterinary Sciences at the University and academic Institutions. (Rank Holders of Colleges including Autonomous Colleges are not eligible to apply for the scheme).
5. 1st Rank Holders at the Graduate Level Examination in Engineering Sciences and other Professional courses conducted by a University or Institution in India.
6. The applicants should be eligible for admission to a research programme leading to Ph.D. in any Indian University/ National Institute/ National Laboratories in India.
Number of fellowships: 1000 INSPIRE Fellowships are awarded each year to eligible students.
Tenure: Inspire Fellowship is tenable for a maximum period of five years, subject to the completion of their PhD degree, whichever is earlier. Continuation of the Fellowship for once selected candidates is based on satisfactory performance certified by the institution as per as per rules governing the Fellowship.
Value: Value of the Fellowship is equivalent to NET/ GATE fellowship (Junior Research Fellowship / Senior Research Fellowship) and research grant to the candidate.
Selection procedure: Selection for INSPIRE Fellowship is purely on the basis of academic merit, choice of the Supervisor, Host Institutions and the Research Proposal. Eligible candidates must apply in the prescribed A4 size format along with documents as listed in the Annexure 1 to 4. Applications should be sent by Post only and shall be addressed to: Head, INSPIRE Program, Department of Science & Technology, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110 016.
Further information: Can be obtained from the INSPIRE website.